The purpose of the Learning Outside the Classroom Quality Badge is to help schools identify good quality and safe provision, and to reduce red tape when planning educational visits. It incorporates existing safety standards for all types of activity and combines learning and safety into one easily recognisable accreditation for all organisations providing learning outside the classroom experiences.
Users of quality badged tour operators have the assurance that a provider delivers:
- Strict risk management processes across all areas of the business
- Robust safeguarding and child protection procedures
- Clear and accurate information given well in advance on services, amenities and costs
- Learning objectives of the activities on offer, and the flexibility to tailor activities according to groups’ needs
- Guidance and information on preparing pupils for the visit to maximise learning opportunities
- A culture of listening to schools’ feedback and working to meet their requirements